General Coupon Tips
While I have always been a coupon clipper, I didn’t learn the true value (or power) in clipping them and using them wisely until my budget required me to. I have been a “serious” couponer for a few years now, and I thought I would share a few lessons learned from my perspective.
- Small savings can add up – even those 25 cent coupons make a difference – especially if your store doubles coupons!
- If you need to reduce your budget, take baby steps. For example, set a goal to save just $5 this week at the grocery store pairing coupons with sales. Then increase this amount as you get the hang of it.
- Do what you can – some weeks you’ll be able to give more to planning and saving than others. Something is better than nothing!
- Treat saving money as a game. Challenge yourself and make it fun.
- Find like minded people to share your excitement , goals and progress with. It has been so fun for me to meet and become friends with other like minded women, plus it helps keep me accountable! If none of your “in real life” friends seem interested, there is a whole host of people online (blogs, forums, Twitter, Facebook) to connect with. (I’m grateful to have both!)
- Find a formula that works best for you and your family – there is no one size fits all approach to anything in life.
You can learn more about the following topics in my All About Couponing Series: