Back to School Deals at Meijer
If your kiddos aren’t back to school yet, chances are good they are headed there within the next 2 weeks. All parents know that back to school expenses can add up FAST, and I know that I am always on the lookout for back to school deals when I’m shopping for my girls. I can’t control school and sports fees, but I can control how much I pay for supplies, clothing and shoes!
Meijer is one of my favorite places to shop for school because I know that I can find everything that I am looking for under one roof. Meijer has tons of school supplies for $1 or less, and when I am done shopping for those I can head over to the groceries to stock up on lunchbox staples and snacks for as little as $0.88! (prices vary based on location and time of year) It’s one stop shopping at its best!
Recently, my mom made her annual trip to our house and we took my girls to Meijer to do some school shopping. My oldest daughter is a 5th grader this year, and she gets her own locker for the first time. I had heard from other parents that Meijer has the best locker accessories, so we decided to investigate.
Meijer had an entire endcap full of fun locker accessories that made me a bit envious! (we didn’t have anything like that when I was a kid) I love this picture of my daughter pondering her options! And the pic on the right is of our work in progress on open house night:
Before heading out to shop, I logged on to my mPerks account and clipped all of the great school supply offers. There are still lots of offers available, now through 9/10/16. Here is what I am seeing today:
mPerks is an easy way to save even more money on already great prices!
After doing my own shopping for both of my girls, I am convinced that you can get everything you need for a great school year for under $75 per kid! And now is also the perfect time to re-stock your home office. Prices will never be as low as they are this time of year!
In addition to locker decor, here are a few things to keep an eye out for:
- Backpacks – Meijer has the best selection of backpacks at decent prices. This is especially awesome when you have multiple children heading back to school. You don’t want to spend a pretty penny just buying backpacks. Know that when you shop at Meijer, you can get a great deal on one or ten.
- Lunchboxes – It’s amazing to me how expensive lunchboxes can be, but not when you shop at Meijer. When we did us back to school shopping, we got awesome prices on the lunchboxes we purchased. I’m not looking for a lunchbox made of gold, I just need something to pack my kids’ lunches in.
- Back to school supplies – Listen, we all get those lists with like 100 things on it and we wonder how we’ll pay for all of it. Meijer has the cheapest back to school supplies. Everything from folders, erasers, pencils, and more. You name it and Meijer always has great prices on it.
- Back to school clothing – It’s not very often that you can send your kids back to school without buying some sort of clothing. Shoes, pants, shirts, socks, undies, and more can all be bought at Meijer! You can always get awesome deals at Meijer, especially on items like shoes. Make sure you check your weekly flyer to see what kind of great deals you can get on back to school clothing.
- Food items to pack lunches – When it comes to packing lunches, it can be super expensive. Meijer has everything you could need to pack a lunch. Lunchables, water, fruit, veggies—name it and you can find it at Meijer.
I think one of the best things about shopping at Meijer is that you can shop for everything you need in one place. You don’t have to waste time going from store to store, and the selection can’t be beat!
Do you have any great back to school shopping tips that you would like to share? Feel free to leave a comment below, letting us know!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Meijer. All opinions expressed here are strictly my own. Please view my disclosure policy for more info.