Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino Recipe
I don’t know about you, but I am ready for FALL! I love decorating my house for fall, I love the cooler temperatures, and I love busting out my fall food recipes. I am not a huge fan of pumpkin flavored items, but I do make a few exceptions – especially if the pumpkin is paired with something sweet. Because fall days can still be fairly warm at times, this Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino recipe caught my eye. I love that this drink allows you to enjoy the fall taste of pumpkin but is still cool and refreshing.
I am all for going out to get coffee on special occasions (I try to go no more than once a week, but it’s usually less!), so it’s fun to play around with drink recipes at home. Sometimes it’s an epic fail, but every now and then I come across a combo that really works, and is close enough to the real thing to satisfy my taste buds. Making drinks at home can be fun, and it is also a great way to adjust the sugar and fat content to your needs (by using lower fat milk, for example). You can also save yourself some serious cash by making drinks at home!
If you are in the mood for a Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino be sure to try this great recipe! This recipe yields 2 medium sized drinks, so you can share, or enjoy the yummy goodness all by yourself.
Please note that this recipe calls for simple syrup – which is extremely easy to make. I like to make a large batch of it and I store it in mason jars for use in future recipes.
- 1 cup low fat milk
- ½ cup Vanilla Ice Cream (OR Subsitute ½ cup strong coffee if you prefer)
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- ¼ to ½ cup simple syrup - or to taste* (recipe below)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or All Spice
- 1 to 2 cups crushed ice
- Reddi Whip
- Pumpkin pie spice for garnish
- In a medium saucepan combine ½ cup of sugar and ½ cup of water. Heat on medium until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the first 5 ingredients into a blender. Mix on medium until thoroughly combined.
- Add ice and blend until the frappuccino is smooth and without chunks of ice. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
Other Recipes to Try:
- Candy Corn Crispies Treats Recipe
- Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Thumbprint Butter Cookie Recipe