Candy Corn Crispies Treats Recipe
Fall is quickly approaching and I couldn’t be more excited…it’s definitely my favorite season of the year. I love the lazy summer months with my kiddos at home, but fall means structure and routine and tons of fun family activities to do on the weekends. The cooler temperatures don’t hurt either!
Right about this time I’m also getting tired of the same old summer dishes and desserts, and I am looking ahead to fall foods like soups, roasts and mashed potatoes, apple desserts and more. That’s why when I saw these adorable Candy Corn Crispies Treats I had to share with you. I personally don’t love candy corn the way that the rest of my family does, but I do love the pretty fall colors. These Candy Corn Crispies give me the beauty of candy corn with the taste of a Crispies Treat…yum! Plus they are easy to make with your kids.
First you make the crispies treats following the recipe below, and let them sit to cool for a few hours. Once they are cool, you can cut them in to candy corn shapes using these super fun Halloween Cookie Cutters, or a sharp knife.
Starting with your yellow icing, outline a rectangle at the widest part of the triangle base, as seen above. Then, cover the space inside your outline with yellow icing, using a toothpick to fill in any gaps.
Continue this process with both orange and white icing. Isn’t the final result pretty?!
These treats are sure to pretty up your fall party tables, and delight your kids!
- (2) 12 oz packages of large or mini marshmallows
- ½ C. butter (1 stick)
- 8 C. crisped rice cereal
- Candy Corn Cookie Cutter (optional).
- Wilton Orange, White and Yellow Gel Icing
- Spray a 9x13 baking with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut the stick of butter into equal parts and place in a large saucepan allowing it to melt about ¾ of the way on low heat.
- Add in the 2 packages of marshmallows and turn the heat up to medium.
- Stirring occasionally, allow the marshamallows to melt about ¾ of the way - you don't want them to over cook.
- Once the marshmallows melt about ¾ of the way, add in the rice cereal 2-3 cups at a time, mixing into the marshmallow mixture.
- Pour the treats into a 9x13 baking dish and gently press down.
- Allow to cool a few hours prior to decorating.
- Cut the treats into triangles. You can make them as large or small as you like. If you prefer to use a knife, that works too!
- Use the Wilton yellow gel icing to outline the bottom of the candy corn and then gently squeeze the icing out to fill it in. Use a toothpick to fill in the gaps.
- Repeat step #2 using the orange gel icing for the middle section.
- Finish by topping with the white gel icing.
- Repeat with all the crisped rice triangles.
It’s beginning to look a lot like fall on my Pinterest boards. Be sure to follow me on Pinterest HERE!
Other Recipes That You Might Like:
- Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- Easy Spooky Spider Cupcakes Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
Find more great recipes HERE.
Find Fall Decor and other inspiration HERE.