Summer is (almost) here and my kids are already begging for cool treats! I always try to have popsicles on hand because they are easy, and they will feed an army (of neighborhood kids). Making homemade popsicles is something that is on our summer bucket list this year. We make lots of smoothies and milkshakes, but we haven’t tried our hand at popsicles yet. It should be fun. ;-) I’m thinking the Red White and Blue Berry Yogurt popsicles will be perfect for July 4th.
Popsicles aren’t just for kids though. Below you’ll find a list of 15 Popsicle recipes that I personally can’t wait to try, one by one. I especially have my eye on the Bourbon Butterscotch Latte Popsicles (for adults only). Don’t they sound amazing?! And who knew that popsicles could be medicinal? The recipe for Throat-Soothing Chamomile Ginger Popsicles looks like the perfect thing to have on hand if someone in your family has a sore throat.
I think we’ll be starting our homemade popsicle adventure off with Strawberry Shortcake Popsicles since we picked $50 worth of strawberries this week. I’m always looking for ways to use the berries up after I’m tired of making freezer jam, and these look great!
15 Delicious Popsicles Recipes to try this Summer
- Kitchen Hack: Make Sliceable Popsicles in a Loaf Pan| the kitchn
- Poptail O’Clock: Bourbon Butterscotch Latte| Endless Simmer
- Turkish Coffee Popsicles with Guittard Chocolate Powder| Saffron Lane
- Strawberry Shortcake Popsicles: a Surprising Summer Treat| babble
- Oreo Pudding Pops| The Exhausted Mom
- Red White and Blue Berry Yogurt Popsicles| Bites of Bri
- Throat-Soothing Chamomile Ginger Popsicles with Lemon and Honey| Port and
- Rainbow Whole-Fruit Ice Pops| 84th&3rd
- Homemade Creamsicle| Cincy Shopper
- Whole Fruit Popsicles| the view from great island
- Sour Worm Popsicles| A Mom’s Take
- Jell-O Popsicle| Poofy Cheeks
- No Blend, 1 Ingredient Baby Popsicles| the connection we share
- Chocolate Kiwi Popsicles| oh! Party
- Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Popsicles| Good Life Eats
Do you make your own popsicles? What tips do you have to share?
Find more recipes HERE.
Find a list of Cheap and Free Summer Activities for Kids here.