Strawberry Cream Puff Bites Recipe
If you are looking for a pretty spring dessert, look no further than this Strawberry Cream Puff Bites Recipe! Not only are these yummy bites easy to make (you only need 4 ingredients), they are sure to dress up your Easter Brunch table. They would also be a perfect dessert/snack to serve with tea or coffee with friends. Who could resist a plate of these?
Yum, I’m getting hungry!
A few years ago, I shared some of my favorite Easter traditions, including the baking of a “Bunny Cake”. I love tradition, but I also like trying new recipes. This recipe appealed to me because it is easy enough to make with my girls, my girls will eat it, and it is pretty. I’m easy to please. ;-)
In addition to being an easy and pretty dish to throw together, this Strawberry Cream Puff Recipe is also really affordable. Cream cheese and whipped topping go on sale all of the time (especially during holiday seasons) and both can be frozen for later use. (Note: see my article Freezer Tips for the Frugal Shopper). The puff pastry is the most expensive component of this dish, but it too can be found on sale from time to time (look for coupons), and can also be frozen. And yogurt is pretty much always on sale!
If you hit the sales right I’m guesstimating you could make this dish for $5 or less. You can’t beat that.
Spring is one day away, and I am ready! I’m guessing you are too. Be sure to print off (or pin) this lovely recipe and give it a try. I can’t wait to hear what you think.
Recipe courtesy of Stretching a Buck .
- Puff pastry cups (such as Pepperidge Farm )
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 12 oz container of Strawberry Yogurt
- 8 oz Cool Whip or other Whipped Topping
- Bake the puff pastry cups according to the directions on the package. Let cool completely before removing the middle circle.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Using a spatula, fold in the yogurt and whipped cream.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip . Fill each pastry cup with a dollop of the strawberry cream. Serve chilled.
Other articles of interest:
- Banana Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- 25 Sweet Cupcake and Cake Recipes
- 40 Ultimate Slow Cooker Recipes