St. Patrick’s Day Chocolate Marshmallow Pops
St. Patrick’s Day is around the corner, and even if you don’t have an Irish bone in your body, it can still be fun to celebrate. I have found this to be true, especially now that I have kids. If you are looking for a fun, easy St. Patrick’s Day treat to make with your kids (or to send in for a school party, work party or any St. Patrick’s Day party!), be sure to check out these St. Patrick’s Day Chocolate Marshmallow Pops.
I love the versatility of Marshmallow Pops. I’m not the most creative person on my own, but Pinterest provides tons of inspiration for me. Typically if I spend a little bit of time on Pinterest, I’m typically able to come up with my own spin on things pretty quickly. I am obsessed with pretty paper straws right now, and I recently stocked up on several designs when I found them on sale on Zulily. One of my favorite local party shops sells them too, along with several different colors of melting chocolate. Wilton makes colored melting chocolate, and you can also find several different brands on Amazon. Shamrock Sprinkles are pretty easy to find too, but Amazon has those as well if you aren’t in the mood to search your local stores. Sprinkles last forever, so I don’t mind spending a little bit more on the specialty ones.
These St. Patrick’s Day Marshmallow Pops only use 4 ingredients – and they couldn’t be simpler to make. They are pretty enough to wow a crowd, and they are the perfect little bite of sweet to end your meal. Let me know if you try these, I would love to hear what you think!
Recipe Courtesy of Stretching a Buck
- Green Candy Melts
- Extra Large Camping Marshmallows
- Shamrock Sprinkles
- Paper Straws or Lollipop Sticks
- Spread a piece of parchment paper out on your work surface.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt half the chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is smooth.
- Dip one end of the stick/straw into the chocolate, then press into the center of the marshmallow. Repeat with the remaining marshmallows. This will help the marshmallows stay on the stick/straw.
- Dip the marshmallow about a third to a half way into the chocolate. Tap off the excess chocolate gently. Quickly generously add the sprinkles. Set the marshmallow pop down on the parchment paper candy apple style. Repeat with about 4-5 more marshmallows.
- Heat the rest of the chocolate, and stir until smooth. Repeat the steps above with the remaining ingredients.
- Allow the chocolate to harden completely – 2 hours at room temperature, or 1 hour in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.
Other articles of interest:
- Banana Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Valentine’s Day White Chocolate Cherries
- Cranberry Pretzel Bark