It’s Sunday night and this is the first menu plan that I have worked on in nearly a month! Between vacation, trips to grandma’s house and a blog conference (for me) we haven’t been home long enough to warrant a menu plan.
As of today we are home for the rest of the summer and after a HUGE stock up trip at Giant Eagle today I’m ready to get back into the saddle. Our garden is growing and I love having home grown lettuce and basil to eat. All of our other plants are growing well, and I can’t wait for our first tomatoes!
I’m putting a lot of repeats on the menu this week. Because we haven’t been eating at home I’m in the mood to cook some of our favorites.
Here is what I’m planning for our dinners this week:
- Monday – Turkey Burgers with Feta & Cucumber, Potato Packets and Bell Peppers on the Grill (note: I’ll slice peppers for tomorrow’s dinner too and throw them in marinade)
- Tuesday – Beef Fajitas + Rice (I’m going to use a beef chuck roast instead of flank steak, cooking it in the crockpot)
- Wednesday – Roasted Chicken, Corn on the Cob, Salad
- Thursday – Homemade Sloppy Joe on Grilled Hot Dogs, Chips/Pretzels, Raw Veggies (Carrots, Cucumbers, Cherry Tomatoes) + Dip
- Friday – Eat Out
- Saturday – Crockpot Pesto Ranch Chicken (I’ll substitute breasts instead of thighs plus I add extra chicken broth), Linguine, Salad
- Sunday – Chicken Kabobs on the Grill (with bell pepper and red onion), Near East Rice Packet of some sort and Mixed Vegetables
Check out more menu plans at I’m an Organizing Junkie!
What are you eating this week? What Menu Planning Tips to you have to share?