I have been sitting down on Sunday afternoon for the past several weeks to plan our dinners for the week, and I am FINALLY getting into a good groove. Last week stuck to my menu plan with the exception of one night – a big accomplishment around these parts. ;-) I’m doing a much better job of taking snacks with me in the car and we are running through the drive thru MUCH less (maybe 1-2 times per week total). Progress feels good!
I have also had great luck with several of the new recipes I have tried. Among my favorites are this Parmesan Garlic Chicken and Potato Wedges recipe, this Cowboy Chicken recipe and this Balsamic Slow Cooker Chicken recipe. YUM! We eat a lot of chicken and it’s nice to have several different ways to make it now – all of which are husband approved!
Here is what I’m planning for our dinners this week:
- Monday – Crock Pot Pesto Ranch Chicken (I’m going to use breasts instead of thighs), Red Potatoes (boiled), Mixed Vegetables
- Tuesday – Pasta Fagioli, Garlic Bread, Salad
- Wednesday – BBQ Pulled Pork (crock pot), Frozen Fries, Green Beans
- Thursday – Leftover Buffet – we should have plenty this week!
- Friday – Burgers and Hot Dogs on the Grill, Quinoa with Black Beans, Corn and Tomatoes, Fruit Salad (with whatever fruit I have on hand)
- Saturday – Date Night for our 12 year Anniversary!
- Sunday – Something from the freezer – I have several meals frozen plus a couple of Michael Angelo’s frozen meals that we need to eat.
Check out more menu plans at I’m an Organizing Junkie!
What are you eating this week? What Menu Planning Tips to you have to share?