This week is one of those weeks where I need a day by day plan, or I am quite possibly going to lose my mind. I shared some of my goals for 2013 with you last week, and menu planning is one of the tools that I am using to waste less food, and therefore, money. Saving some sanity in the process is always nice too. :-) Another goal that I mentioned is my desire to learn more about freezer cooking and to share some of my favorite recipes with you.
Since I am making use of 2 freezer meals this week, plus making a double batch of soup on Thursday to freeze, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to jump back on the Menu Plan Monday train!
Here are the freezer meals that I pulled out of the freezer tonight (Sunday). I’ll reheat the soup in the crockpot. The meatloaf is fully cooked so I’ll be reheating it in the oven.
Here is my plan for this week, with notes and links to the recipes:
- Monday – Taco Soup from the Freezer with Chips and Cheese (notes: I omitted minced onions, used 29 oz of tomato sauce + 8 oz water, I drained my beans, used my own homemade taco seasoning and only 3 tsp of salt)
- Tuesday – Turkey Meatloaf from the Freezer, Baked Potatoes (notes: I halve this recipe and am still able to freeze half of the loaf – it makes a ton!)
- Wednesday – Bob Evans to celebrate my 7 year old’s birthday!
- Thursday – Harvest Chicken Quinoa Soup (notes: I’ll make this and freeze half for later; I use organic chicken broth in a carton vs homemade)
- Friday – Beef Fajitas with Yellow & Red Peppers, Guacamole, Cheese and Tortillas (note: I’ll make the meat in the crockpot, 4 hrs on high vs grilling. This is a “new to me” recipe.)
- Saturday – Dinner out with family
- Sunday – Leftovers (including homemade birthday cake!!)
Check out more menu plans at I’m an Organizing Junkie!
What are you eating this week? What Menu Planning Tips to you have to share?