Kroger Marketplace Promo Reminder | Redeem Your Rewards now through 12/4/11!

by Marcy on December 1, 2011 · 18 comments

Central Ohio Kroger stores have been running a Kroger Marketplace promo since October. For every $100 spent on qualified purchases, you earned $10 to spend at Kroger Marketplace on non-grocery items (toys, household items, etc…). TODAY (12/1/11) is the first day you can start redeeming these rewards – and you only have until Sunday (12/4/11) to get them used up!

If you do not have a recent Kroger reciept handy, stop by the customer service desk with your Kroger Card and they can tell you how many promotional dollars you have to spend. The total will then come off at checkout automatically.

I totally forgot about this promo until reader Haley comments on my Kroger Coupon Match Up post this morning. Thanks so much to her and to Tash and Kelly for triggering my memory – because I would have missed out on my own rewards as well!

I plan to use my rewards for stocking stuffers or gifts – or worst case household items. My guess is it would be best to head out before the weekend for the best selection!

View current Kroger Sale and Coupon Match Ups here.

And if your area ran this same Kroger Marketplace promo – please let us know in the comments as it might help someone out. Thanks!

1 Amy December 1, 2011 at 1:34 PM

The Lewis Center store was packed this morning when I went, but I was able to find everything I was looking for. I was surprised how busy they were for a weekday morning.

2 Michele December 1, 2011 at 1:44 PM

I went to the Sawmill store. The place was a zoo. It was so hard to get through the toy aisles with a cart. You have to redeem all your rewards at once.
I’m a little annoyed because I didn’t realize I could’ve bought gift cards and it would’ve counted toward the holiday bonus. I thought mall gift cards were store cards. :0( I was wondering how these people had so many points.

3 Marcy December 1, 2011 at 2:10 PM

I didn’t know that about gift cards either Michele. :-( I still want to get some while the fuel promo is going on…

I plan to head to the Lewis Center store tonight sometime…

4 Emily M. December 1, 2011 at 4:43 PM

I have heard that it’s like Black Friday out there! I just talked to my friend at the Graceland store and she said it was packed but that they still had a decent amount of inventory. I’m going tonight.

5 Emily M. December 1, 2011 at 4:44 PM

P.S. Marcy, do you know if YWCA is doing a diaper drive for Disney on Ice (or another show) this year? I remember it was around the first of December last year.

6 garybrandy December 1, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Pataskala had it going on…but I think the closest Marketplace is Pickerington, or maybe Gahanna?
Anyone been to either of those two stores, yet?
It seemed like a deal almost too good to be true…I was wondering if there were any glitches. I have $140 to spend. Good to know it has to be used all at once.

7 HeatherS December 1, 2011 at 5:23 PM

My parents went to the Gahanna store today and said it was crazy but they found what they wanted. I am headed there tomorrow. A friend of mine was in the Mansfield store and said it was busy but she found Legos and other toys and was pleased with what she found.

8 Marcy December 1, 2011 at 11:30 PM

I went to the Lewis Center store tonight, and things were picked over, but I still saw plenty of legos. barbie stuff etc… The biggest thing to watch is that you spend right at or OVER the amount of rewards that you have. Multiple people had to go back and grab more stuff tonight b/c they didn’t have enough. Except for me…I overspent by $13!! Oh well…at least I didn’t have to jump out of line! :-)

For the record – DVDs are not included in promo. Many other things are though.

Emily – I haven’t heard about the diaper drive, but will be sure to post if I do! Thx for the reminder, I should follow up!

9 Ann December 2, 2011 at 2:08 PM

My husband & I went to the Pickerington store yesterday at 9am. When we got there, plenty of carts – when we left, no carts. Felt sorry for those there just to do their regular grocery shopping. Lines backed up – went down an isle in the middle so the line was much shorter. Didn’t need any toys, kitchen items, etc. so picked up bath towels for my $50 puchase (paid the $3 overage) – always nice to change up towels every once in a while. :) Didn’t understand why some of the towels in a certain design were on sale but others in the same style but different color weren’t. ???? Oh well, free towels (or anything for that matter) make my day.

10 Evelyn December 2, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Does each Marketplace carry the same inventory?

11 Anita Dingess December 3, 2011 at 4:11 PM

I went to the pickerington store last night. It was a mad house and most of the shelves were cleared….crazy!

12 Anita Dingess December 3, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Does anyone know if the promo can only be used at a market place store?

13 kathy December 3, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Went to Toledo store this am and ass picked over. Did find somethings.

14 deemaree123 December 3, 2011 at 9:16 PM

I dont know who told you that you could get gifts, but I was told at the service desk that you can not.

15 deemaree123 December 3, 2011 at 9:17 PM

*Make that gift cards

16 ellen December 4, 2011 at 7:09 AM

Yes I have been to the pickerington market place 4 times already and every time all their shelves were empty. Literally nothing and the store was a disaster…put me right out of the Christmas spirit. i will admit that I am notorious for bad timing….but this is really giving me a complex. I have earned $180 and have yet to use them. When I tried to use them towards gift cards I was told I couldn’t.

17 Donna Turner December 4, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Does anyone know if the purchases made in October and November had to be purchased at a Columbus area Kroger or any Kroger in any town? Thanks

18 Linda December 8, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Can someone tell me how to use Market Place points from Kroger?