Central Ohio: 2011 Summer Movie Series Info

by Marcy on May 10, 2011 · 7 comments

I’m in the process of writing an article for Columbus Kids Magazine (find it free at your local grocery store and other locations around town!) about free and inexpensive summer activities for kids, and I decided to compile a list of 2011 Summer Kids Movie Series. Even if you don’t live in Central, OH, be sure to click on the links below, because in many cases you’ll be able to find info about the theaters in your local area.

Here is a list of Columbus Ohio area movie theaters and info on their Summer Kids Series programs for Summer 2011:

Venue: Easton Town Center – Town Square Movies by Moonlight Series
Info: Free outdoor summer movie series for the whole family
Movie Schedule: Tuesdays from 8:30-10:30 PM, 7/5-8/30/11

7/20 – Cloudy With The Chance of Meatballs
7/27 – Megamind
8/3 – Tale of Despereaux
8/10- Alvin and the Chipmunks 2
8/17 – Marmaduke

Theater: Rave Motion Pictures Family Film Festival
Info: Free Admission for Everyone (G or PG rated movies)
Movie Schedule: Tuesday & Wednesday at 10AM for 8 weeks

Schedule/Dates TBD

Theater: AMC Theaters – no official summer kids program in 2011
Info: Value Pricing Before Noon
Movie Schedule:

5/27: Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom
6/10: Judy Moody And The Not Bummer Summer
624: Cars 2
7/1: Monte Carlo
7/8: Zookeeper
7/15: Winnie The Pooh
7/17: Mr Popper’s Penguins
8/5: Smurfs
8/19: Spy Kids 4: All The Time in The World

If you know of any other local theaters offering a kids or family summer series in 2011, please let me know and I’ll update this list!

1 Emily M. May 11, 2011 at 8:02 AM

Thank you, Marcy! You are the BEST. I was just wondering about these, as I had heard about them in past summers but have never taken my kids to the theatre yet, but I think this is the summer. Awesome list!

2 lori May 11, 2011 at 1:29 PM

I was looking for more info about Columbus Kids Magazine and couldn’t find anything. Could you please tell me who publishes it? And BTW, this list is an awesome resource. Thanks for sharing it :) I really like your Web site and never head to the grocery store without checking it. Now I have my friends checking it too!

3 Marcy May 11, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Thanks ladies…so glad that the list helps!

Lori – Columbus Kids is published by this group: http://columbuslocalnews.com/

So far I have found the publication in the lobby at my local Kroger for free. This month was my first monthly column. :-)

4 Cheryl M May 14, 2011 at 9:25 PM

You can also find Columbus Parent & kids at the library with the other free papers & I think Discount Drug mart carries them too.

Marcy, thanks for this list. Another blog had a free summer movie list & I was disappointed that nothing was listed for Ohio.

5 Whitney May 25, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Here’s some more free things to do, ladies! ;-)

6 Sarah May 25, 2011 at 11:12 PM

The CAPA summer movie series at the Ohio Theater is always fun!!! Not every movie is “family friendly,” but they do have some and they are on weekends/evenings for working parents who can’t take their kids during the weekdays. The tix are cheap. My parents always took my sister, brother and myself as kids and I have some great memories from it!

7 Cortney June 20, 2011 at 8:19 AM

Pickerington Parks department does free movies in the park at sycamore park every friday night! Everyone brings their picnic blankets, camping chairs, etc. and they project a movie on the side of a old barn. Our family LOVES it! More info on this and other fun family friendly things to do here: