Kroger Triple Coupons in Central Ohio and Select WV Stores: 4/28-5/1/11

by Marcy on April 28, 2011 · 22 comments

I’m excited to share that Kroger is running their Triple Coupon Promotion in select Central Ohio stores starting today (4/28/11) through Sunday, 5/1/11!

Here is how the Kroger Triple Coupon Promo Works:

• Coupons up to and including $0.50 will triple to $1.50. If your store doubles up to $0.99, coupons from $0.51-0.99 will continue to double. If your store does not double over $0.50 that will still be the case.
  • There is no limit on the number of coupons you can use, and internet printables WILL also triple provided they have unique serial numbers (which is almost always the case unless someone is making illegal copies).
  • Digital/eCoupons do not double or triple.

I am unsure if any stores outside of Central OH are also participating. Below are the store that have participated in the past. If you live in one of these areas and know that your store is participating, I would love for you to leave a comment to let us know!

Ohio

* Martins Ferry
* Bellaire

West Virginia

* Weirton
* Wheeling
* Moundsville

As always, please call ahead to your local store to confirm if they are participating. (If you store was one of the ones participating recently, they should be participating again). And if you live near the store, you may even have better luck stopping in to see for yourself.

Please feel free to leave any great deals that you can come up with in the comments. You can view this week’s Kroger sale and coupon match ups here. I’ll work to pull together some additional deals tomorrow.

Now might also be a good time to start printing your coupons at Coupon Network, Coupons.com, Smartsource.com, RedPlum.com, if you haven’t already! Find more great coupons in My Coupon Database!

Thanks, Lindsay & Frank!

1 Heidi April 28, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Oh Yay! I’m so glad they are having this again. They just had it within the last 6 weeks didn’t they? I’ll have to start looking through my .50 coupons and see what I can come up with.

2 melissa yazell April 28, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Portsmouth, Ohio is.

3 Becky April 28, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Zanesville, Ohio is. Here are three of good deals I got (didn’t have all coupons on me):

Colgate Junior Toothpaste (2.7 oz) – $1.29
Use $0.50/1 Colgate Kids Toothpaste from 4/10 SS
which makes it free!

Huggies Wipes (64 ct) – $2.72
Use $0.50/1 Huggies Baby Wipes from 4/17 SS (triples to $1.50)
Final cost is $1.22

Listerine Pocketpaks (24 ct) – $1.00
Use $0.50/1 Select Listerine or Plax Items from 4/17 SS (doubles to $1.00)
Final cost is FREE!

I am going back for more stuff tomorrow!

4 Leslie April 28, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Bellefontaine is participating; however, they have begun a new coupon policy. You can only use 4-like coupons in a 24 hour period; and during triple coupons, you can only use 3-like coupons. I’m wondering of other area Krogers are doing this?

5 pam April 28, 2011 at 9:41 PM

I just figured out that you can use the coupon database and search for coupons by value. I looked for all of the $.50/1, and $.40/1 coupons. Sure beats going through all of the paper coupons!

6 Barb April 28, 2011 at 9:46 PM

According to another blog, tripling in Toledo starts tomorrow 4/28. Sorry for the previous post.

7 Frank Swaim April 28, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Marcy thanks for the shout out. I took a quick run thru this evening and here’s what I got. All for free saved 96%

4 Listerine pocket packs 10/$10 $0.50/1
6 Reach toothbrush and flosser or floss $0.99 used reach toothbrush coupon floss coupon and a great overage coupon $2.50 off any 2 listerine products.
8 yakisoba teriyaki, shrimp or spicy chicken $1.09 used $0.50/1 the system tripled up to the price. No overage.
Starkist tuna pouches. 4/$5.00 used $0.50/1 from friday facebook. The system tripled up to the price. No overage.
Crest regular and kids toothpaste. 10/$10 used various coupons. I don’t have kids so I randomly gave out 10 tubes to shoppers with kids.

There must have been some overage in there as my total was $3.04 tax was $0.64.

I also purchased 2 frenchs mustard $1.89 with a printable $0.50

I’ll see what other deals I can find tomorrow.

8 Mindi April 29, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Wheelersburg, OH is also participating. It is in the same general area as Portsmouth and Jackson!

9 roseann April 29, 2011 at 7:58 AM

Columbus is participating but they limit it to 3 like coupons.

10 Julianna April 29, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Saint Clairsville is tripling to $.50.

11 dawn April 29, 2011 at 11:26 AM

I live in the portsmouth area and they are participating:)

12 Megan April 29, 2011 at 2:42 PM

The Pickerington store had the stipulation that you could only triple 3 like coupons per transaction.

Toilet paper is a great deal. Cottonelle 12-pack is on sale for $5.99. I used a $.50 internet coupon that tripled, plus a $3 off my next purchase printed out when I bought 2!

I tried to take advantage of the $.50 Huggies wipes coupon; however, they were out of stock. A 64-count is $1.99 regular price which would make the total OOP $.50 each!

13 Sondra April 29, 2011 at 6:52 PM

My store was out of the listerine and the toothpaste in Reynoldsburg. But I did score .05 mentos gum, .50 dora yogurt .50 frenchs worcheshire sauce, .19 Franks Hot Sauce 2 dannon greek and 2 yoplaits for 1.00 some bisquick shake and pour not sure how much my kid tore the receipt up.

14 pam April 30, 2011 at 7:55 AM

I used the $.50/1 Dawn coupon from the P&G booklet and bout the small bottle with Olay for free. Also there is a $.35/1 package of Dial soap . The 2 bar pack is $1 giving you a $.05 overage .

15 Rachel April 30, 2011 at 8:27 AM

Huggies Wipes 70 ct: $1.99 – $0.49 with $0.50 coupon
J&J Baby Powder: $1.49 – Free with $0.50 coupon
Colgate Junior Toothpaste: $1.29 – Free with $0.50 coupon
KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce – $1.99 – $0.49 with $0.50 coupon
Carefree Panty Liners 20 ct – $1.09 – Free with $0.50 coupon

16 Annie April 30, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Just a heads up…..Johnstown’s Kroger is also only allowing 3 like coupons as well. I did not know this and checked out my enourmous cart of groceries that took 2 hours to load. I was going to spend $50 and save over $300. The computer nor cashier never stopped my hundreds of coupons. All of my groceries were bagged and loaded and all I needed to do was pay. They had to have the night manager override the oder b/c of the savings. (This has happened to me before d/t savings) She was quite rude and stated there is no way I could “save that much money” and I’m not overriding this and putting my name on this order.” She then saw allllllll of my coupons and said I could only use 3 like coupons. It was 10:30 at night and I had been at the cash register for 45 min. and she started sifting through all the coupons and lined them up on the conveyer belt, all while stating “I guess I will be doing this on my time off, I’m not even supposed to be here.” The computer froze and she said there was nothing she could do, but that I could come back tomorrow and “try” again. I gathered my coupons and left the store with nothing! I have been couponing for a year and a half and LOVE Kroger. Last night was not a good night and I will be contacting coporate. Sorry for ranting….didn’t want anyone esle to go through this. I have NEVER had difficulties with my coupons…..so I guess it was my time;) So heads up about using your coupons that triple this weekend;) Only use 3 coupons….anything above .50 is fine……you can use multiple coupons. Thank you for all you do Marcy! I love following your blogs and having MANY successful shoping trips;)

17 jessica April 30, 2011 at 9:15 AM

Krogers in Heath are tripling coupons up to 50 cents.

18 dawn April 30, 2011 at 10:02 AM

The portsmouth store has a limit of 3 lk coupons also.
Pampers wipes (soft pack) were .99 after .50 off coupon (my store was out of huggies:(
J&J full size products were 1.50 after.50 off coupon
Ivory body wash and 2 pk safeguard soap were free w/1.00 off coupon (safeguard from p&g savings booklet)
Bounce 100 count fabric softner Renewing rain 3.00 on closeout .50 from P&G saver booklet made it 1.50 box
Purex was $2.79 had 2 $2 off coupons (printed online) making them .79
soft soap liquid was .10 after .30 off coupon
Puffs facial tissue .09 after .50 coupons
Grands & grands cinnamon rolls used 1 .40/2 coupon made it .40 can
My local store also had the 2% gallon milk marked down to $1.79 gallon~the exp. date isn’t until the 8th of May.
I got the starkist and a few other things already mentioned above…my store was completely out of the toothpaste & floss

19 B April 30, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Don’t know if anyone else experienced this…but last time they did triples, I got haranged over the coupons that are loaded on the card. I had several of my coupons that would triple, reject b/c the computer had already subtracted the digital coupon. Check your card coupons before you go. I knew it taking both would end eventually…but it irks me that they won’t at least take your paper coupon in addition and double it, or something. I ended up paying more than $5 more than I had figured. I used to just load up all the card coupons, but will not do this now if until I know for SURE I don’t have a paper one to use that’s a better deal. Also, you have to watch b/c the register doesn’t want to do a digital and paper if you have TWO of an item. Be careful. I don’t want to short a store out of money, but I think it’s okay to ask for what we are entitled to, doing all this work to save our families money. They shouldn’t brag about their great coupon deals, then give shoppers a hard time.

20 dawn April 30, 2011 at 6:49 PM

B~Yes! I noticed this and have a big problem at the store w/the e coupons made me delete all my e coupons! last time I bought J&J and I had 1 e coupon but bought 4 products, after it took off my e coupon it didn’t want to take my .50 coupons for the other items, so the cashier hands them back and tells me I can’t use them, I told him yes I could he calls the manager to come over and i had to explain to her for the second time what was going on (this has happened the past several times I was in there). I came straight home and deleted all my coupons~it use to be awesome when you could use both~those days are gone and the majority of the time my paper coupons are worth more

21 Natalie May 1, 2011 at 8:12 PM

B….I agree! I just lost on on a nice deal with graham goldfish that were $1 and I had a 30c coupon which tripled would have made them 10c. I had forgotten that I had an e coupon for 35c so that was the only one that came off and it wouldn’t accept the paper coupon. I have also notices that a lot of the products that have good coupons seem unusually expensive for the triples promotion times( ie French’s mustard and tabasco etc. )

22 Kimberly August 28, 2011 at 10:24 PM

We just now came from Krogers and I was going to use my coupons as I always do. The cashier was fine with it and seen I had a handful of coupons. One of the night managers came over after all our stuff was in bags and said I could only use 3 coupons for my chips and 3 coupons for my cheese etc. She said they just started this policy about 2 months ago. Needless to say since she was a smart axx we told her to keep it all! She said people are cleaning the shelves off and not leaving anything else for anyone else to get. She also said not everyone can get coupons. She was a total Witch! I wait until the end of the week to use my coupons so I know if something is on sale people have had their chance to get the items. I couldn’t believe it I was so upset when I left the store. I told them I would not be back.