Additional Insert Notes: 6/27/10

by Marcy on June 27, 2010 · 14 comments

Now that I have had time to go through my Sunday paper, I wanted to share a couple of additional notes with you:

Keep an eye out for an Amazing Brands, Amazing Savings insert full of P&G Target coupons in today’s Sunday paper. I did not receive this insert in my home delivery copy of the Columbus Dispatch, but it was in the additional copies that I purchased at Drug Mart. Thanks to Totally Target for the heads up on this one!

Speaking of extra copies, if you received the $2.50/1 Electrasol/Finish coupon, it might be worth purchasing additional papers today! As an added bonus, 3 of the 6  copies of the Columbus Dispatch had 2 of the same Smart Source inserts in them!? I have no idea what happened (1 was my home delivery, 2 were from Drug Mart), but if you happen to get 2, that is 2 – $2.50/1 coupons for the price of one paper. I purchase my extra papers at Drug Mart for $0.99/ea – that’s the cheapest I have found them in my area. I will say on big insert weekends that they are often sold out by late afternoon, so if you plan on buying extra papers get there early.

To my local readers – did you find duplicate Smart Source inserts this weekend as well? And did you receive the Target coupons in your home paper? I’m curious…

1 Cindy June 27, 2010 at 2:26 PM

I’m in Hilliard. I didn’t receive an additional Smart Source or the Target insert. Bummer.

2 HeatherS June 27, 2010 at 2:51 PM

I’m in Mt Vernon and received 1 Smart Source and 1 Red Plum in my Dispatch. No Target insert but we don’t have a Target anyway. There was 1 Smart Source in the Saturday Mt Vernon News though.

3 Rachael June 27, 2010 at 3:17 PM

In Grove City, I had all 3 (ss, rp and target) in my home delivery. My two copies from DrugMart only had SS and RP.

4 Mary @4our2cents June 27, 2010 at 5:45 PM

No target for me in Worthington. If anyone is close to the Walgreens on Kenny, sometimes on monday they GIVE AWAY some of the coupons from unsold sunday papers.
.-= Mary @4our2cents´s last blog ..New Swag Code- =-.

5 jill June 27, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Our home delivery of the Dispatch didn’t come today!! I was so upset! Ran to Drug Mart to get a copy, just in case the Dispatch gives me the run-around, ha! But anyway, my Drug Mart copy didn’t have an extra SS insert or the Target one.

6 EMily June 27, 2010 at 8:37 PM

No extra SS insert in my copy either (from Drug Mart in Hilliard). I did get the Target Qs though.

7 MH in OH June 27, 2010 at 9:09 PM

That’s too funny – I picked up a Dispatch at Kroger on Sunbury Rd & 161 today and it had an extra Smart Source insert, too! I don’t think it had the Target q’s but I’ll have to go back and doublecheck.

8 erin w June 28, 2010 at 12:15 AM

my husband delivers the paper here, and i delivered papers as a kid. In both towns, the sections of the paper are inserted by machines, bundled up in 3, 4, or 5 parts and then your delivery person puts the parts together in your box. so if you get doubles of a whole section, then your newspaper delivery person is to thank and it’s just you. if you just get extra coupons or just two kroger fliers, then you can thank a big machine and it’ll be most people : )

9 erin w June 28, 2010 at 12:16 AM

most people just in your town or area that is.

10 sarah June 28, 2010 at 10:01 AM

I got bonus SS insert in one of the 6 I purchased at DrugMart in Powell. And I did have the Target inserts in there as well!

11 Marcy June 28, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Sarah – Drug Mart in Powell is where my extras came from too. :-)

12 cheryl June 28, 2010 at 12:47 PM

San Antonio Texas area no Target insert in mine One of my papers had 6 SS so that was a Terrific bonus. I still wanted those Target inserts though!

13 sarah June 28, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Marcy,
Do they stand firm on their limit of 3 papers or do you go right in there and get 6 without any issues? I usually make two trips and get 3 each time.

14 Sheri June 30, 2010 at 1:21 AM

I get the home delivery in Galloway. No Target insert. Wonder why. I’m surrounded by Targets. Anyway, got my extra papers at Dairy Mart. Didn’t know that Drug Mart sold them cheaper. Will have to check this Sunday. Only one of my extra papers had 2 SS in it.