Target Deals: 1/17-1/23/10

by Marcy on January 17, 2010 · 22 comments

target frugal mom blogger  columbus ohioHere is a list of the best deals that I see this week at Target. Please check your local ad before shopping as some sales and prices vary by region.

Tip: Print Target’s Coupon Policy and take it to the store with you. Also be sure to check out Target’s Price Matching and Printable Coupon Policies plus more on my new Target Resources/FAQ’s page here.

Pepsi (2 liters) – $1/ea

Final Price = $1.54/ea when you buy 3

Starbucks Coffee (12 oz) – $7.19/ea
Use $1.50/1 in 12/13 Smart Source insert
Final Price = $5.69/ea

Nivea Body Wash (16.9 oz) – $2.99/ea
Use $2/1 in 1/3 Red Plum insert
Use $1/1 Target coupon here (Nivea skin care product)
Final Price = FREE

Vicks NyQuil or DayQuil (12 oz) – $5.49/ea
Use $2/1 in 1/17 P&G insert or $1.50/1 in 12/27 P&G insert
Final Price = $3.49-3.99/ea

Scott Bath Tissue (12 pk 1000 sheet or 8 pk Extra Soft Super Mega) – $7.49/ea
Use $1/1 here and in 1/17 Smart Source insert
Final Price = $6.49/ea

Method Laundry Detergent – 10% off (estimated price $8-10)
Use $2/1 here
Final Price = varies

Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer – $13.49/ea
Use $2/1 here (print 2)
Submit this $10 rebate when spend $30 in select products (fill with a less expensive item to reach $30)
Final Price = varies

Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets (150 ct, 3 pk) – $9.99/ea
Use $2/1 here
Final Price = varies, possible money maker!

Graco High Backed Booster Car Seat – $44.99/ea
Get a $20 Target Gift Card when you buy 1
Final Price = It’s like getting this for $24.99 with gift card

Get a $5 Target Gift Card when you buy any 2 of the following:

Bounty Basic Paper Towels (12 pk big roll = 16 reg rolls) – $10.99/ea
Use $0.25/1 in 12/27 P&G insert
Final Price = $10.74/ea; It’s like getting these for $8.24/ea when you buy 2, with gift card

Iams Large Breed Dog Food (40 lb) – $34.49/ea

Swiffer WetJet Starter Kit – $18.99/ea

Puffs Tissues (8 pk 60 ct cube or 6 pk 132 ct soft & strong) – $8.99/ea

Cheer Liquid Laundry Detergent (150 oz) – $14.99/ea

Luvs Diapers (big pack) – $16.99/ea

NOTE: According to Target’s Coupon Policy they are supposed to adjust the price of the coupon down if the item you are buying is less than the coupon you are using. Please be aware that not all stores look favorably on using coupons for travel size items, even if the coupon does not state a size. You are not in the wrong for doing this, I just want you to be aware that some stores may not like or allow it.

Johnson & Johnson First Aid Kit to Go – $0.97-0.99/ea
Use $1/1 in 1/3 Red Plum insert
Final Price = FREE

Band-aids (8-10 ct travel size, Hello Kitty & others) – $0.97/ea
Use $1/1 in 1/3 Red Plum insert
Final Price = FREE

Cascadian Farm Granola – $2.50-2.69/ea
Use $1/1 here (print 2)
Use $1/2 Target coupon (for the cereal) here
Final Price = $1-1.19/ea

Dove Hand & Body Lotion – ?
Use $1/1 here
Use $1.50/1 Target coupon here
Final Price = save $2.50/1

Rayovac Batteries – $1/ea (in the Dollar Spot)
Use $1/1 in 11/8 Smart source inserts (exp 1/31)
Final Price = FREE

All Laundry Detergent (travel size) – $1/ea
Use $1/1 when you sign up here
Final Price = FREE

Reach Dental Floss (unsure of size – assuming travel) – $0.97-1.12/ea
Use $1/1 in 10/18 Red Plum insert (exp 6/30/10)
Final Price = FREE – $0.12/ea

Rolaids (3 pk) – $1.57/ea
Use $1/1 in 12/13 Red Plum insert (exp 3/13/10)
Final Price = $0.57/ea

Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup – $0.58/ea
Use $1/4 here
Final Price = $0.33/ea

Neosporin To Go – $1.98 (on clearance at some stores)
Use $1/1 in 1/3 Red Plum insert or here
Final Price = $0.98/ea

What did I miss? Please feel free to leave a comment if you spotted a deal that I didn’t mention.

1 Mindy January 17, 2010 at 9:47 PM

your link is not working. I have is on my blog and a friend has it on hers. I just though I would let you know :-)
That is my blog is you want to take a look at your link. Hope its working soon :-)

2 Lisa January 17, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Target has Glad wrap, storage containers and press ‘n seal on sale, 3/$7. There is a $1.50 coupon off of 3 Glad products (including the above) that expires 2/28/10. I am not sure what insert it came from. I am planning on getting press ‘n seal… with coupon it is $1.83 which is pretty good for that product. It really works!

3 Molly January 18, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Isn’t your math off for the Progresso soup?
$1.40 x 2 = $2.80
– $0.50/2Q = $2.30
$2.30/2 cans =$1.15 each

4 Marcy January 18, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Thanks Molly – I have corrected it. :-)

5 The Domestic Contessa January 18, 2010 at 12:30 PM

If you price match All Detergent this week and use $1/1 couopon, you can get 50 oz. of detergent for just $1.50!

More details:

6 Amie January 18, 2010 at 1:20 PM

The Cascadian Farms coupon (the one from Cascadian) says it may not be used with any other coupons–so will it combine with the Target coupon??

7 danielle January 18, 2010 at 10:00 PM

my target has Pepsi for 4 for $5 ($1.25 each) BOO…with the target Q (.50 off 2) makes them $1.25……I would love to get them less than a $1 each!
Superfresh had the .49 each if you spent $75……that was a deal this week…

8 Monika January 19, 2010 at 8:19 AM

How do these coupons work at target. For instance, the Nivea body wash. On sale for $2.99, you have a manufacturers coupon for $2 off, then the store coupon for $1 off…but how do you get $1 off if it’s only 99 cents remaining? Does this really work at Target? I’m just asking because I tried using a $1 off coupon on a light bulb that was on sale at a hardware store for 99 ents and they wouldn’t allow it. Thanks for the feedback.

9 Marcy January 19, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Monika – in the scenario you mentioned above, Target would adjust the amt of the coupon down to 99 cents to make the item free to you – but you would not make a profit of 1 penny. This is according to the coupon policy they have listed on their site.

10 AC4 January 19, 2010 at 10:36 AM

I went to Target this weekend and tried to buy 2 bath buddies for .97 each and use the $1 Johnson and Johnson baby product coupons. They would not let me use it, they said it’s against policy. I was also given a hard time for an Advil coupon ($2 off a $5 item). Is anyone else having problems? I just told them to forget it and I’d go elsewhere.

11 Lori January 19, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Marcy- I was coming to confirm that the Nivea Women’s Wash is on sale for $2.99 (my store has two scents). I combined the $2/1 manu with the $1/1 Target Q (any Nivea skin product). Free wash is awesome!

12 Rachel Knox January 19, 2010 at 9:27 PM

I saw at my Target (I live in Texas) that the Glade Spray Air stuff (like Febreeze, but made by Glade) was 2 for $5, almost all the ones there had a $2 coupon on them for $2/1. So combine those 2 coupons with the sale and get 2 for $1!! :D

13 Ashley Reynolds January 20, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Have been wondering about the Q overages, how on earth can they explain lowering the price of the Q. They are not going to lower the price they get back plus there 8 cents. We need to all stand up to the stores NO where has it ever said on any of my Q’s I’ve gotten …. unless you are good shopper and can find this item cheaper then amount shown! I use overages at Walmart all the time never get questioned but I do always have other items!

14 MrsP January 21, 2010 at 8:31 PM

To AC4: I recently had trouble with Target not accepting some of my coupons. I knew I could and the cashier was very rude with me. They called the manager which was rude also. So I decide I would go elsewhere to after hey completely embrassed me in front of the entire line checking out like I was a criminal or something. So when I got to my car, I called their home office and told them what happened. He apologized several times for there actions. He also said next time they would not accept a coupon, for me to tell both the cashier and manager that they could wait on me to make a phone call to customer service before I pay. ( you can go to customer service there is a red phone just for customers to call customer service.) they assured me that after they spoke with me they would ask to speak to the manager directly to correct them. He said hey do not like their customers leaving the store unhappy and to please call them for the store so they could speak directly to the personnel givin you the problem. Just a side note I got a nice apology letter with a coupon for $3.00 on anything in the store with no exp. I suggest you make that call and report those people that are rejecting the coupons.

15 steve January 21, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Pepsi deal gets better

I found tag coupons on pepsi display and 2liter bottle at walgreen
$1.00 off when you buy 4 plus two target50/2=50 cent per bottle when you buy 4

16 donna January 22, 2010 at 6:54 AM

I went to Walmart yesterday and asked for the Big Lots price match deal (All detergent 2 for $5). The cashier said “no problem” made the price adjustment, and continued to ring my other items. However, when I gave her my Qs, (I had (2) $2/1 MQs for the All), she said that I couldn’t use the Qs since she already did the price match. I innocently asked, “really, because I have several friends that have already done so, earlier today, at this very store.” At that moment, a manager happened to walk up to add cash to the drawer and asked “What’s the problem here?” When the cashier explained, the manager laughed and agreed. “You can’t use these Qs because you’d get the items for 50 cents.” ME: “Yes ma’am, that’s the idea here.” MGR:”Well, no, that’s not allowed, but I’ll let you use 1 of them.” So I did, it’s still a good deal, but C’mon!!! What kind of logic is that? You can’t use that Q because you’ll get too good of a deal? They were both totally rude about the whole situation and yes, treated me like a criminal.

17 Melissa January 22, 2010 at 8:15 AM

~Johnson & Johnson First Aid Kit to Go – $0.97-0.99/ea
Use $1/1 in 1/3 Red Plum insert
Final Price = FREE~

Is this considered a travel size item? The q i have says that it excludes travel size items so I wasn’t sure if it would work. I’m going back today to get more body wash ( got 8 the first trip) so I’ll see if it works.

18 Marcy January 22, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Melissa – Johnson’s Buddies soaps are not travel sized items.

To all having issues with coupons – the best line of defense is to take a copy of the Target coupon policy with you. And if you do have issues, I also recommend that you call corporate and report your issue (and your specific store) – assuming what you were trying to do falls within the guidelines listed in the coupon policy.

Donna – did you go to Walmart or Target? Your comment says Walmart but this post is about Target and I wanted to double check.

19 pqcbb January 23, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Wow…………………does Target have any idea what a poor image they are presenting to the public? I coupon and have considered adding Target to my list of stores to frequent (now just do wag’s & alb’s). At any rate, thought I’d give them a try today, but now will not. I don’t need the hassle or embarrassment so many have experienced. Sorry Target, but I am unwilling to take on what I see as very poor employee training and customer service!

p.s. I did write Target on this very issue in early December. I was reading SO many frustrated Target shoppers on various blogs. I wanted to know what their take on it was and how they were planning to correct it. To date absolutely no response.