Kroger Deals: 1/11-1/17/10

by Marcy on January 9, 2010 · 19 comments

kroger deals kroger sales logo

Here is a list of the best deals that I see at Kroger this week. Please note that I use a Central Ohio ad when compiling these deals, and that coupons up to $0.99 are doubled at my store. Be sure to check your local ad to confirm deals and coupon doubling rules in your area.

NOTE: Find more information about shopping at Kroger, including information about eCoupons (Cellfire, Kroger.com, Upromise and Shortcuts) plus more on my new Kroger Resources/FAQs page here.

10 for $10 Sale

Mix & Match – you do not have to buy 10 items to get these items for $1/ea. View your ad for a complete list of 10 for $10 items.

Coke Products (2 liters) – $1/ea

Handi-Foil Foilware (2-5 ct) – $1/ea

StarKist Chunk White or Light Tuna (5 oz can or 2.6 oz pouch) – $1/ea
Use $1/1 here (IE) or here (FF)
Final Price = FREE

Use $0.50/1 in 1/10 and 12/6 Smart Source inserts
Final Price = FREE

Freshlike Frozen Vegetables – $1/ea
Use $0.50/1 in 12/6 Smart Source insert
Final Price = FREE

Gatorade (select, 32 oz) – $1/ea
Use $0.50/1 G2 in 1/10 Red Plum insert (if included in sale)
Final Price = FREE

Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate (8-10 ct) – $1/ea
Use $0.50/2 in 1/10 Smart Source insert
Final Price = $0.50/ea when you buy 2

Chef Boyardee Pasta (cans or cups) – $1/ea
Use $0.40/1 or $1/5 in 1/10 Red Plum insert
Final Price = $0.20-0.80/ea
* Receive a $25 coupon booklet when you buy $10 in participating products. Read more here.

Pillsbury Grands Biscuits, Crescent or Cinnamon Rolls (4-12 oz) – $1/ea
Use $0.50/2, $1/2 and $0.30/2 here and here
Load a $0.40/2 Cinnamon Rolls or $0.30/2 Biscuits or $0.50/2 Crescents on to your Kroger card via Cellfire and Shortcuts
Final Price = $0.50-0.85/ea when you buy 2

L’Oreal Vive or Studio Shampoo, Conditioner or Styler – $3.49/ea
Use $0.75/1 Vive here
Final Price = $1.99/ea

Lubriderm Body Lotion (16 oz) – $7.99/ea
Use $2/1 here
Final Price = $5.99/ea
*Learn how to get $10 back via rebate here.

Nature’s Bounty or Sundown Vitamins and Supplements – B1G1 FREE
Use various in 1/3 Red Plum insert
Use $1/1 Nature’s Bounty here
Use $5/1 Osteo Bi-Flex here
Use $2/1 Nature’s Bounty Multi-Vitamins here
Use $1/1 Disney Viatmins here
Use $1/1 Sundown Vitamins here
Use $4/1 Flex a min here
Use $2/1 Ester-C here

Cottonelle Bath Tissue (12 double rolls) – $5.88/ea
Use $0.50/1 in 12/13 Smart Source insert
Final Price = $4.88/ea

What did I miss? Please feel free to leave a comment if you spotted a deal that I didn’t mention.

1 Miriam January 9, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Even though your sales are often different than ours (your’s are usually better!), I still check out your deals. Is this a new format with the different things seperated? I like it!

2 cheryl January 11, 2010 at 8:54 AM

The Chef Boyardee .40/1 coupon from yesterday’s paper is for the bigger cups, they were not included in the 10/$10 price, They were $2.69 at my Kroger.
But if you were lucky enough to get the Kroger mailer last month there is a $1/5 store coupon included that (for me) expired on 1/14

3 Miss Q January 11, 2010 at 11:35 AM

I have the Mid-South region posted here: http://missq.wordpress.com/2010/01/11/kroger-january-10-%e2%80%93-16-2010/

These work for Nashville and Louisville.

4 Whitney January 11, 2010 at 2:03 PM

I think you’re missing a pretty big one – a moneymaker on Ester-C! There was a $5/1 coupon for any Ester-C product in the 1/3 SS (I think) and they are buy-one-get-one free. The smallest size – 60 capsules – is priced at $8.59 so if you have two coupons you make almost $3. Even if your store doesn’t carry the smaller size, the next size up is only around $10.29, giving you two bottles for .29!

5 Kelly January 11, 2010 at 2:12 PM

For the Gatorade that is on sale this week…the G2 are a part of the 10 for 10 deal! I walked out with 11 bottles of G2 for free! Thanks for all of the work that you do on your blog! It is amazing and I refer to it everyday!

6 MH in OH January 11, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Has Kroger recently changed their coupon policy? I know that I have previously been able to successfully use coupons that were only a few days expired and today I was denied using 2 that had expired yesterday. Thanks for any insight you have!

7 Lori January 12, 2010 at 10:29 PM

It wasn’t an advertised sale, but I needed yogurt and had an insert q for $.075/1 any Dannon quart. There was a yellow sticker marking the sale price at $1.88.

Also, if anyone has issues with their Kroger ecoupons not coming off of their receipt, contact Kroger. They got back to me right away, apologized and credited my card with those coupons ($7.00 worth).

8 Katie January 13, 2010 at 8:41 AM

The Starkist tuna could be free because they have a $1 off coupon for Vocalpoint members.

9 maggie January 13, 2010 at 4:16 PM

The old el paso sides are on sale here for 1.25. using the .50/1 that came out 1/3 they end up being .25 ea!

10 mary January 13, 2010 at 4:23 PM

Does Kroger price match on ads? I was wondering of there was a way to get the General Mills cereal deal 4/$6 from Kmart at Kroger.

11 melissa January 13, 2010 at 5:58 PM

at my kroger here in raleigh, you DO have to buy 10 participating items to get them for $1 each…

12 Joni January 13, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Kelly, How did you get all those Gatorades for free?????

13 michelle January 14, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Kelly, I see how you can get the gatorade for free, if your store doubles the coupons, but do you have 11 coupons? Do you purchase that many sunday papers?

14 Marcy January 14, 2010 at 11:38 AM

I’m assuming Kelly had 11 coupons to get the Gatorade for free. She might have purchased extra papers or used an online clipping service to purchase coupons. Or asked her friends for their extra coupons… You get the idea. :-)

15 michelle January 14, 2010 at 3:23 PM

yes I do, thank you! First time reader – love the blog!!

16 IndyMom January 14, 2010 at 10:30 PM

I just wanted to add that there is a $0.60 off 6 Banquet Frozen Dinners coupon inside many of the Banquet boxes. Look for the boxes that say “save $6.00 on Banquet inside” If you don’t have the above mentioned $1.00 off 10 then you can just purchase one of the dinners and then cut the coupon from the inside out.

Also, at my local Kroger (INDY) the Banquet Brown ‘N Serve breakfast sausage links are part of the 10/10 sale. Inside the Banquat Frozen Dinners boxes there is also a coupon for $0.35/1 which will double to $0.70 off or only $0.30 per box!

Also, I don’t know if the Banquet “Select Recipes” Frozen meals(think fried chicken meals) are part of the 10/10 meals but there is also a coupon for $0.35 off 1 inside the boxes as well! That would double to just $0.30 per meal if it qualifies!

Also, If you’ve been getting a great deal on all of those Betty Crocker boxed potatoes(scalloped, jullienne, garlic mashed..) lately like I have then you probably have the coupon from the inside of that box that is save $1.00 off 4 Coca-Cola 2Ltrs. Thats only $0.75 apiece with the 10/10 sale.

Lastly, (I know, I’m draggin on!) There was a coupon for $0.75 off different types of Colgate 4.0oz or larger. I think this coupon was from the 1/3 paper. Colgate select varieties 4.6 oz tooth paste are also 10.10. I haven’t tried this coup yet but it looks like it should work, IDK but it should work out to Colgate for only $0.25 apeice if it does.

17 Alecia October 15, 2011 at 1:07 AM

So, If Kroger is having a 10 for 10 sale does that mean you have to buy 10 of that one product or you can mix and match between everything that is listed as 10 for 10?

18 Marcy October 16, 2011 at 8:44 PM

No, you do not have to buy 10 in a 10 for $10 sale.