Deal: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Diamond Edition

by Marcy on October 5, 2009 · 12 comments

Thanks to the folks at One2One Network, I had the opportunity to review the new Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Diamond Edition DVD over the weekend. This DVD and Blu-Ray combo set is available in stores starting tomorrow (Tuesday, Oct. 6th) and retails for $19.99 in many locations.

I watched the DVD with my daughter on Friday night, and talk about a trip down memory lane! This is the first classic Disney movie that I have watched with my daughter and it was so fun to watch her reaction to the film -and to hear her sing along to songs that I once sang. My daughter is 3.5, so I was a little worried about some of the scarier scenes – but thankfully she just said “Mommy, that’s scary” and didn’t react otherwise. In fact, she has since watched the film another 3 times since Friday, and I keep hearing hear repeat lines from it. She also keeps asking me if she can watch her “princess movie”. :-)

While I don’t currently have a Blu-Ray player, the Diamond Edition Combo Pack includes a DVD, 2 Blu-Ray Discs. One benefit of Blu-Ray Discs is that they are more scratch resistant and kid-proof. I don’t know about you, but that’s enough to make me want to go out and buy a player! Other features of Blu-Ray Discs and Players include:

* Up to 6x better quality than DVD
* 7.1 Surround Sound
* Immersive activity with games and special features
* Plays both Blu-ray and DVD discs
* Blu-ray also plays on Sony Playstation 3 players

As I mentioned previously, the Snow White DVD/Blu-Ray combo pack will retail for $19.99 at most stores. BUT you can save up to $15, bringing your total to just $4.99! Print this $10 coupon and get it for $9.99 – a great price for a great gift, in my opinion! You can also submit this rebate form and receive an additional $5 back via mail when you purchase the Snow White DVD/Blu-Ray combo pack + one participating Hefty Product.

For more information, be sure to check out the Snow White Diamond Edition website here. You can also watch a Blu-Ray Edition Trailer here.

Do you know of any other great deals on this combo pack? If so, I would love to hear about them!

———————————————————————-
If you find this information useful, please consider subscribing to my RSS feed or email newsletter.

1 Becky October 5, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Wow what a great deal! The coupon link doesn’t work though. Any tips?

2 Marcy October 5, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Becky – I just fixed the coupon link. Thanks for letting me know! :-)

3 Andrea October 5, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Thanks so much. This will be a great Christmas present for my 4 year old daughter. I printed two coupons, so we can also give out one as a cheap present.

4 Maven of Savin' October 6, 2009 at 2:23 AM

Sorry it is a little late, but if you pre-order before store closes tonight from Toys R Us, you get a $5 gift card. Even if you miss that, if you pick up another small Disney princess item $5-$6 you qualify for the buy $25 Disney Princess stuff, get a free $12.99 Snow White cooking set!!!

5 Lisa October 6, 2009 at 12:02 PM

Be careful with the Hefty rebate! It states in its terms that both receipts must “emanate” from the same state where the rebate address is. So, for those of you who might mail order you might be better off getting DVD from store. Also, for those of you who shop in two states living close to borders- be careful. Bottom line – You live in Indiana – buy both in Indiana, etc.

6 Lisa October 6, 2009 at 12:02 PM

7 Anonymous October 6, 2009 at 9:19 PM

At Meijer and Kmart you also receive a free disney princess barbie with purchase of the dvd combo. At meijer today it was 24.99 for the combo and then I used the 10.00 printable coupon which brought it down to 14.99 and then received the free princess barbie which by itself is usually 10.99

8 Chrystal K. October 6, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Wow, I’d love to watch Snow White!

9 Heidi October 7, 2009 at 12:42 AM

Do you think the Hefty products and the movie need to be purchased on the same receipt?

10 Cherie October 7, 2009 at 4:59 PM

I just deleted my original post – it is available in-store at my local Wal-Mart for just $19.96! Hooray! Looks like I’m going shopping this afternoon. :)

11 Marcy October 7, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Cherie – thanks for letting me know! I deleted my response to your last comment. LOL

12 Anonymous October 8, 2009 at 5:06 AM

per rebate requirements – hefty and dvd do not have to be purchased at the same time, just after 10/6 and both in the same state.

the rebate form is a pdf to download – you can read it all there.