Target Deals: 9/6-9/12

by Marcy on September 6, 2009 · 19 comments

Here is a list of the best deals that I see at Target this week. Please check your local ad to confirm deals in your area as sales often vary by region.

Note: Join Afullcup.com & Start Saving Money. AFC is one of my favorite forums to use for coupons & deals, and it is a huge help to me when I compile these weekly Target deals for you.

~ WEEKLY DEALS ~

Get a $5 Target Gift Card when you buy 5 selected Fiber One Products:

Fiber One Cereal – $2.50/ea
Use $0.75/1 here or
Use $1/2 here and in 8/23 Smart Source insert
PLUS
Use $1/1 General Mills Cereal Target coupon here
Final Price = $0.75-1.00/ea; It’s like getting these for FREE when you buy 5, with Gift Card

Fiber One Bars – $2.50/ea
Use $0.40/1 Bars in in 7/19 Smart Source insert or
Use $0.40/1 Bars here, here here and here or
Final Price = $2-2.10/ea; It’s like getting these for $1-1.10/ea when you buy 5, with Gift Card

Fiber One Toaster Pastries – $1.79/ea
Use $1/2 in 8/9 Smart Source insert
Final Price = $1.29/ea; It’s like getting these f
or $0.29/ea when you buy 5, with gift card

Fiber One Muffin Mixes – $2.69/ea
Use $0.50/1 here
Final Price = $2.19/ea; It’s like getting these for $1.19/ea with gift card

Get a $5 Target Gift Card when you buy 5 selected Nabisco & Planters Products:

Nabisco Wheat Thins – $2.84/ea
Use $0.75/2 in 8/23 Smart Source insert or
Use $1/1 in Fall 2009 Kraft Food & Family Magazine
Final Price = $1.84-2.47/ea; It’s like getting these for $0.84-1.47/ea with Gift Card

Planters Peanuts – $2.84/ea
Use $1.50/2 in 6/28 Smart Source insert (Thanks, Hollie)
Final Price = $2.09/ea; It’s like getting these for $1.09/ea with Gift Card

Get a $10 Target Gift Card when you buy any 2 of the Following:

Oral-B (2-6 pk) or Sonicare (2-3 pk) Toothbrush Head Replacements – $19.99/ea

Get a $5 Target Gift Card when you buy 2 of the Following:

Huggies Snug & Dry, Little Movers or Little Snugglers Diapers (big pack, boxes) – $18.99/ea
Use $1.50/1 here and in 8/16 Smart Source insert
Final Price = $17.49/ea; It’s like getting 2 of these for $14.99/ea with Gift Card

~ ONGOING DEALS ~

Use $1/1 Target coupon
here
Final Price = $0.29/ea

Hasbro Hungry Hippos Game (travel size) – $4.99/ea
Use $4/1 here
Final Price = $0.99/ea
*Note: Not all stores carry this product

Kellogg’s Cinnabon Bars – $1.75-2.79/ea
Use $1/1 here
Final Price = $0.75-1.79/ea
* Receive $10 back via the Kellogg’s Fuel for School Rebate when you purchase 10 of these products in one transaction.

Venom Energy Drinks – $2/ea
Use B1G1 Free here
Final Price = $1/ea when you buy 2

Purina One Dog Food (4 lbs) – $3.79/ea
Use $2/1 Target coupon here
Final Price = $1.79/ea

Columbia Movies (select) – $5/ea
Use this $2/1 coupon
Final Price = $3/ea

LeapFrog Tag Reading System – $12.48 (on clearance, varies by store)
Use $10/1 here
Final Price = $2.48/ea

Mars Candy Bars – $0.75/ea
Use $1/2 Target coupon in 8/2 Red Plum insert
Final Price = $0.25/ea when you buy 2

Rimmel Mascara – $2.24-2.99/ea
Use $2/1 here and in 8/23 Red Plum insert
Final Price = $0.24-0.99/ea

Kellogg’s Yogos – $1.75/ea
Use $0.50/1 Target coupon here (Kellogg’s snacks coupon)
PLUS
Use $0.50/1 here
Final Price = $0.75/ea

Kellogg’s Pop Tarts – $1.25-1.52/ea (price varies by store)
Use $0.75/1 Target coupon here (print 2 if your store will take 2 in one transaction)
PLUS
Use $1/2 in 8/2 Kellogg’s insert or $0.55/1 here
Final Price = FREE or $0.22-0.27/ea when you buy 2

What additional deals do you see at Target this week?

———————————————————————-
If you find this information useful, please consider subscribing to my RSS feed or email newsletter.

1 Post Grad September 6, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Wow! Thanks for all the deals. Your list is a lot longer than mine, hehe.
-Leslie

2 Anonymous September 7, 2009 at 12:42 AM

Has anyone had a problem with Target not accepting coupons because you have to buy the product in the picture of the coupon? I’ve had several problems with incompetent employees over this. I’ve heard the line “It isn’t as big as the one in the picture” told to me several times. I tell them you can not go buy the picture, you have to go by the text of the coupon. I got turned away today, when they told me I couldn’t stack a target coupon on top of a regular coupon because my product was not in the picture of the coupon. However, the text of the coupon dictated that it was identical the item I was buying.

3 hlmaloney September 7, 2009 at 3:21 AM

When I went to Target (medina, oh) on Monday (8/31), the coupon for the cereal and the cheese did not work – the registerbeeped saying it did not match previous sale. The manager came over and said that the new corporate policy effecting 8/31 was that they were NOT to accept ANY coupon that beeped – period. Too much coupon fraud. She also said they were not allowed to adjust down coupons (coupon for $1 with an item for 97 cents) – I called corporate and they verified the new policy….

4 Jane September 7, 2009 at 4:44 AM

There’s a Target coupon for General Mills Cereal $1/1 that you could use for the Fiber One cereal.

5 Anonymous September 7, 2009 at 4:47 AM

I had a problem with them not accepting the coupons because i wasnt buying what was pictured on the coupon. I couldnt get the cheese, cereal bowls, or the hungry hippo game today. with the hippo game, they said we HAD to buy 2 games, and then would get the $4 off one of them.

6 Anonymous September 7, 2009 at 10:30 AM

I have had a problem not buying exactly what was pictured. They made me look like an idiot. I was like – how can you tell the exact size & read what is on the package of the picture – it is like the size of a dime – you have to go by the words on the coupon. They still would not let me use my coupons. I called corporate when I got home – they were wrong. They are to go by the words on the coupon and the guy told me that next time – tell them to call corporate right there on the red phone at the register..

7 Marcy September 7, 2009 at 12:19 PM

I haven’t been to Target for a few weeks, and am unaware of any coupon policy changes. I’ll work to get an updated policy and post it here.

As for them not taking coupons because of the picture that is on them, I think that is ridiculous. The text should be the overriding factor, otherwise why have it?

I have been consistently frustrated with Target when it comes to coupons – namely their OWN printable coupons. If they are going to regularly produce new internet printable coupons, they need to have the technology in store to accept them. Period.

As I mentioned, I’ll see what info I can find and I’ll post it here.

8 Dizzy Mommy (Jennahanks73@gmail.com) September 7, 2009 at 4:08 PM

I went to Target on Saturday here near Detroit. I always have trouble unless the one cashier who I normally go through is there. She scanned the buy1get1 chef micheals coupon and it took off the dry dog food. Normally that wouldn’t be a big deal but my total was nearly twice what it should’ve been because it didn’t take off the correct stuff. I told her what she needed to fix and she told me it just wouldn’t take it and new policy was not to change anything.
I called corporate and was told they have changed there coupon policy to reflect a recent rise in coupon fraud. I was like ok but what happens when you Target release coupons that beep… she told me different stores have different prices in different regions and that the coupon probably isn’t meant for my area…. but no place does it state that. Target can be so annoying and confusing with there OWN coupons.

9 Hollie @ Happy Couponing September 7, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Don’t forget the $1.50/2 Planter’s coupon from 06/28 SS, if you bought (5) and used (2) coupons it would make them $1.24 each after Gift Card.

10 Katie September 7, 2009 at 5:22 PM

Target can be so hit in miss, the coupon policy needs to be clear and explained to the cashiers. The comments cashiers make about the size or “wrong picture” irritate me, especially since they are store coupons.
One other deal at Target this week might be with Pampers. I believe that it is a $10 gift card deal (similar to the Huggies scenario) is going on and you can use the $2 Target Pampers coupon (from 8/2 SS)and stack it with the $2 Pamper Manufacturer coupon (also from 8/2 I think). For a total of $4 off each pack + the $5 gift card. It’s not the greatest deal in the world but if you are a Pampers fan it never hurts to save a little.
Or if you use smaller packs you may get a better deal if you price match (bring the store ad to the service counter/checkout) and use the coupons. I hope this helps! I plan on doing it later today so please a few packs for me!! :)

11 Lisa September 7, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Take two….for some reason the first time I commented it didn’t take, so if it shows up twice, I’m sorry.

I went to Target for the first time on Saturday the 5th. I called the exact store I planned to go to on Friday to hear from the horses mouth exactly what their coupon policy was, and I was specific, very specific.

When I went to the store I had a great time. I used the list on this website with its awesome matchups to save a load of money.

After scanning all the cashiers I picked a winner! I asked her if she wanted me to split up the transactions (the manager told me I wouldn’t have to do it either but I thought I’d ask just in case) and she said ‘Nah, it’s just coupons’. I told her I had a lot and she was fine with it. When I said I had a lot I didn’t know it was actually 124, with at least half of them being Target q’s.

Through the transactions she gave me 2 $5 gift cards without missing a beat. My bill before coupons was $284. After coupons it was $37…I’m in shock.

This store was in North Texas, close to Dallas and I hadn’t been before because it’s almost an hours drive away but hubby thought it would be fun to see how much I could save there after my telling him about the savings that could be had, after reading all these great blogs. He was not disappointed.

I know a lot of people have problems, but my trip was great, this time. Next time, who knows?

12 Anonymous September 8, 2009 at 6:02 PM

I’m really glad to hear about other people having coupon issues… I left in tears last week after being told I couldn’t use my coupons on the skittles crazy cores, the cheese sticks and the cereal bowls. I had to walk away from the register- leaving a big pile of stuff on the belt. I was so embarrased! The grumpy cashier actually called the manager over, and she didn’t even LOOK at the coupons before announcing they couldn’t take them. :(

13 Anonymous September 8, 2009 at 8:54 PM

I live in Jax Fl and my target hasn’t clearanced out the LeapFrog readers but I would really like to get in on the $2.98 deal for my kids. Ours are all ringing up at $39.99. If anyone is willing to get me 2 of them I would be willing to pay for the shipping costs to get it here…

14 White family September 8, 2009 at 11:02 PM

I went today and got Mortons SEASON ALL salt for free. It is priced at .99. The bricks coupon is for a $1. :) also I did the fiber one deal and got a check out coupon for $2 off a purchase of 5 gm cereals, which the cashier let me use on that purchase. I made money on this deal!!!

15 Nicole September 9, 2009 at 5:55 PM

I am confused about the Fiber One deal. On all of my Fiber One manu. coupons it clearly states “no other coupon may be used with this coupon”. How can I use this coupon with any of the Target coupons to purchase this “deal”?
I am a coupon newbie…fyi. :0)
Thanks,
Nicole

16 Anonymous September 11, 2009 at 2:48 AM

I had a problem with one Target not accepting coupons for things that are not pictured. Then another Target didn’t have a problem with it. It sounds like Corporate needs to figure out what is going one. If what is pictured is what they are going off of then a $1.00 off General Mills Cereal should only be for the Cheerios cereal and nothing else because that is all that is picture. It is so dumb. But I am happy to find a Target that will take those coupons!
Golden Plump chicken drumsticks are on sale for $1.29. If you use the $1.00 off coupon from coupons.com you get them for $.29.

17 Anonymous September 11, 2009 at 2:54 AM

I asked a lot of cashiers and they said that they will take one manu. coupon for one item. You can’t use 2 manu. coupons for the same item. I, however, ask before I say like “I have two coupons for these two things do you want me to do two different transactions or can they go in the same one.” A worker there told me that the computer will take it it just depends on the cashier. I know this sounds bad but I steer clear of cranky looking cashiers. In case there is a problem I like to pick cashiers that look like they don’t really care persay. The worker I talked to said that he doesn’t really care and will push really any coupon. But if you ask first and they say you have to do 2 different transactions then you know to either find another cashier or not to get the stuff.

18 Anonymous September 11, 2009 at 3:26 PM

I just called corporate and asked if they had any coupon policy change. The very helpful man said he didn’t see where there has been any change to the policy. When I asked about adjusting the coupons down he specifically said that they ARE supposed to do that. He is also mailing me a copy of the policy. Hope that helps!

19 Caro September 13, 2009 at 6:55 AM

In addition to the good diaper deals at target, I had a $5 off anything in the baby department coupon from a mailer they sent me that worked on the diapers. So stacked with the $5 back and the two $1.50 coupons, I ended up getting my size fours at around 15 cents per. A pretty cool deal for the day.