Target Corporate Coupon Policy

by Marcy on September 11, 2009 · 9 comments

For those of you who consistently have issues redeeming coupons your local Target store, I have great news! Target has published their corporate coupon policy online. Among the points that I was excited to get clarification on:

* Target accepts one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item (unless wording on the coupon says otherwise)

* Super Target coupons can be used in any Target store if the store carries the item

* Target gladly accepts valid internet coupons

* Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied

I highly suggest that you print this policy and keep it in your bag or purse when shopping at Target. It is very clear and straightforward and having it on hand will hopefully help you avoid any hassle when it comes to redeeming your coupons.

Thanks, Krazy Coupon Lady!

Find all of the best deals at Target this week here.

———————————————————————-
If you find this information useful, please consider subscribing to my RSS feed or email newsletter.

1 Elita September 11, 2009 at 8:42 PM

See, this is how they will get you. Target gladly accepts VALID internet coupons. Every time I’ve shopped there, with a valid internet coupon, they’ve refused to honor it. Even when they scan it and the correct amount is deducted from the total. Even when you can tell it’s not a photocopy, but straight from my printer. I hate how they make you feel like a criminal for trying to save $1 on your baby’s soap and milk.

2 julie September 12, 2009 at 12:29 AM

I was shopping with a buddy the other day at Target and we were using the coupons from the latest coupon booklet that Target had mailed out…there was a baby item that she was going to use one of the coupons for, and I had one too. She used BOTH of the Target coupons and they BOTH went through! Target’s system is very specific, it picked up a ‘mistake’ I had made the previous week that didn’t allow me to use a coupon. We weren’t sure if doubling up on Target coupons was going to work…but it did!

3 Kimberly September 12, 2009 at 12:16 PM

Thank you. I will try this, although I suspect that cashiers will take their own interpretation of “unless prohibited.” Cashiers can be very belligerent and on a power trip.

4 Anonymous September 13, 2009 at 5:08 AM

I don’t get how they can make it public that they will reduce the amount (e.g. no overage).

Wouldn’t that be coupon fraud on their part, since the mqs will be processed for the full amount from the manufacturer?

5 Anonymous September 14, 2009 at 5:28 AM

I believe they can reduce the amount of the coupon because it is a Target Coupon. I believe they don’t get reimbursed from the manufacture for it.

6 Vivian J November 20, 2009 at 6:55 AM

Does anyone know the new policy about not price matching with memberships? I just got denied when price matching with Jewel….

7 Marcy November 20, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Vivian J – here are some FAQs on Target’s Price Match Policy:

8 Vivian J November 21, 2009 at 8:19 AM

Thanks. What’s a loyalty card?

9 Marcy November 21, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Vivian – a loyalty card are the cards you sign up for at the grocery store and some pharmacies, which then give you discounts/sale prices on items throughout the store. Stores in my area that have them include Kroger, CVS and Giant Eagle.