Target Deals: 8/9-8/15/09

by Marcy on August 9, 2009 · 12 comments

Here is a list of the best deals that I see at Target this week. Please check your local ad to confirm deals in your area as sales often vary by region.

Note: Join Afullcup.com & Start Saving Money. AFC is one of my favorite forums to use for coupons & deals, and it is a huge help to me when I compile these weekly Target deals for you.

~ WEEKLY DEALS ~

Select Market Pantry Snacks (fruit snacks, sandwich crackers, others) – $1.50/ea

Kashi Go Lean Crunch Cereal – $2.74/ea

Use $0.40/1 in 8/9 Smart Source insert
Final Price = $1.59/ea

Garnier Fructis Styling Aids, Shampoo or Conditioner (13 oz) – $2.99/ea
Use $1/1 in 7/12 Red Plum insert
Final Price = $1.99/ea

~BACK TO SCHOOL DEALS ~

Bic Pens (10 pk) – $0.50/ea (unadvertised, may vary by store)
Use $1/2 in 8/9 Smart Source insert
PLUS
Use $1/2 Target coupon
here
Final Price = FREE when you buy 2

*Note: be sure to check out other Bic Products as you can likely score them for next to nothing using these 2 coupons

Mead 5 Star Portfolio – $0.50/ea

here
Final Price = $2.50/ea when you buy 2

HP Multipurpose Printer Paper (500 sheet) – $3.50/ea

USB Drive (4 GB) – $9/ea

~GIFT CARD DEALS ~

Get a $5 Target Gift Card when you buy 2 of the Following:

Listerine Mouthwash (1.5 liter), Pre-Brush Whitening Rinse (32 oz), Advanced (1.5 liter) and Vibrant White (21 oz) – $5.99/ea
Use $0.50/1, $1.50/2, $3/3, $5/3 or $1/1 in 8/2 Smart Source insert or
Use $1/1 or $1.50/1 Pre-Brush Rinse here or
Use $0.50/1 here
Final Price = $4.99-5.49/ea; It’s like getting these for $2.49-2.99 after gift card

** Deal Idea**:

– Buy 2 Listerine @ $5.99/ea – $11.98
– Buy 2 Reach Floss @ $1.02/ea – $2.04
– Buy 2 Reach Toothbrushes @ $0.97/ea – $1.94/ea
– Total = $15.96
– Use 2 – $5/3 coupons from the 8/2 Smart Source insert (if you received it – I received the $3/3 coupon)

Final Price = $5.96; It’s like getting all of this for $0.96 with $5 Target Gift Card!

Get a $5 Target Gift Card when you buy 2 Burt’s Bees Acne Items:

Burt’s Bees Spot Treatment or Purifying Cleanser – $9.99/ea

~ ONGOING DEALS ~

Apples – $0.99/lb (select varieties)
Use $1/1 Target coupon
here
Final Price = FREE when you buy 1 lb

Kotex Liners (48 ct) – $2.94/ea
Use $2/1 Target coupon in 7/26 Smart Source insert
PLUS
Use $1/1 in 7/26 Red Plum
Final Price = FREE

Rayovac Batteries (2-4 ct) – $1/ea (found in $1 spot)
Use $1/1 in 6/21 Smart Source insert
Final Price = FREE

Cottonelle Travel Size Wipes – $0.97/ea
Use $1/1 in 6/7 Smart Source insert
Final Price = FREE

All Laundry Detergent (travel size) – $1/ea
Use $1/1 when you sign up here
Final Price = FREE

Del Monte Fruit Chillers – $2/ea
Use $1/1 here
Final Price = $1/ea

Kellogg’s Cinnabon Bars – $1.75/ea
Use $1/1 here
Final Price = $0.75/ea

Kellogg’s Pop Tarts – $1.52/ea (price may vary by store)
Use $0.75/1 Target coupon here (print 2 if your store will take 2 in one transaction)
PLUS
Use $1/2 in 8/2 Kellogg’s insert or $0.55/1 here
Final Price = $0.22/ea or $0.27/ea when you buy 2

Columbia Movies (select) – $5/ea
Use this $2/1 coupon
Final Price = $3/ea

What additional deals do you see at Target this week?

1 Janell August 10, 2009 at 12:51 AM

Thanks for this great list! I am linking this from my blog! I really wish I had a Target here!

2 Michelle @Wicked Cool Deals August 10, 2009 at 2:36 AM

Marcy,

I’ve gotten some good deals!

Shout wipes To-go (travel sized) are $.97. I used $1/1 coupons from 7/12 and 8/2 Smart Source inserts and got them for free.

Kashi Cereal cups are $1, and I used the $1/1 Target coupons so got these free too.

Tide (travel sized) are $1 and I used $1/1 coupons from 8/2 P&G insert so these are free.

Travel sized Head & Shoulders shampoo is $.97 and used $1/1 coupon from 8/2 P&G insert.

Degree deodorant (travel sized) is $.97 and used $1/1 from 8/2 P&G.

Johnson & Johnson First Aid kits are $.97 (doesn’t say anywhere it is trial sized) and used $1/1 coupon from 8/2 Smart Source.

Target has been good to me!

3 Marcy August 10, 2009 at 2:46 AM

Janell – thanks for your comment! :-)

Michelle – thanks so much for this list of additional deals! The Kashi Target coupon expired, but the other deals look awesome. I’ll have to try and score a few of them myself this week.

4 Michelle@ Wicked Cool Deals August 10, 2009 at 3:20 PM

No way on the Kashi coupon! Missed that one. And I wanted to pick up some more. Well, you snooze you lose.

5 Shannon August 10, 2009 at 11:50 PM

My Target had the boxes of Pull-Up (68 ct. 2T/3T) reduced to $11.48. Paired with the $2/1 coupon makes them only $9.48 for 68 Pull-Ups!

6 Michael and Kristin August 11, 2009 at 2:47 PM

It’s expensive but that’s a decent deal on the Burt’s Bees acne products because this stuff works very well. I did a product test awhile back, and I saw a remarkable difference within 3 days.

7 Ariaun August 11, 2009 at 4:36 PM

The Target I shop at will not accept coupons that are greater than the price of the item. I went today to get several of the items that were free after coupons and they wouldn’t accept any of them (even the $6 off coupon for the $5.99 Airwick. One PENNY difference!). Do others have this problem or does it vary by store?

8 Sharon August 12, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Although Ive been to target once on a whim for xmas gifts, Im not very familiar. However, this was b4 I had any idea what great deals are to be found there. I am dying to shop there but I donot have the funds until Monday at which time this sale will be done. when it says “ongoing” how much longer than the week sale does it last ie…to get the apples,nanas,poptarts? Can it end any time or do they tell you in advance.

9 Anonymous August 12, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Are the Cinnabon bars still on sale at some Targets? I was at the one in Clackamas, OR today and they were $2.79 per box. I found them at Wal-mart the other night for $1.98 a box. Anybody know of a better deal?

10 motherof3 August 15, 2009 at 2:26 AM

The softsoap is also on sale for $.99 and there was a coupons.com printable for $1.00 off recently.

11 Linda Meikle August 15, 2009 at 11:31 PM

The Target near Easton in Columbus, Ohio, has always given me a hard time using a $1 coupon for a .97 cent product. I’ll try the $1 for $1. It seems everything I go there I swear I’ll never go back. I haven’t found a polite employee there yet. I hope to get a good deal on the Purina dog food stacking coupons, but it will be overage. Maybe better luck today.

12 Marcy August 16, 2009 at 3:21 PM

Ariaun – unfortunately this varies by store. :-(

Sharon – I review the “ongoing” deals list every Sunday and update it for the upcoming week (Sun-Sat). These prices vary by store and some of these deals have been on my list for a month or more.

Thanks to the rest of your for your comments and additional deals that you have posted here!