Kroger Triple Coupons are Back in Select OH & WV Stores!

by Marcy on August 20, 2009 · 15 comments

I have some official scoop that I am SUPER excited to share with you. Kroger is running TRIPLE coupons again this weekend (Friday 8/21- Sunday 8/23) in select Ohio and West Virginia stores! This is exciting news on it’s own, but the fact that they are doing this during the Mega Event is pretty exciting!

Here is how the Kroger Triple Coupon Promo Works:

Coupons up to and including $0.50 will triple to $1.50. If your store doubles up to $0.99, coupons from $0.51-0.99 will continue to double. If your store does not double over $0.50 that will still be the case.

This promo runs Friday (8/21) through Sunday (8/23). There is no limit on the number of coupons you can use, and internet printables WILL also triple provided they have unique serial numbers (which is almost always the case unless someone is making illegal copies).

As I mentioned, a large area of Ohio and a small part of WV is included in this promo. Cincinnati and Dayton stores are unfortunately *not* included.

Here is partial list of stores that are participating. I can’t list every single city, but if your store is near one of those listed below it would be worth a trip to see if they are running triple coupons as well:

Ohio

* Martins Ferry
* Bellaire

West Virginia

* Weirton
* Wheeling
* Moundsville

As always, please call ahead to your local store to confirm if they are participating. And if you live near the store you may even have better luck stopping in to see for yourself, as not all store employees seemed to know about this promo the last time it ran.

I’m also going to work on a list of coupons and sale matches. If you have scored any great deals, I would love it if you could share in the comments! Now might also be a good time to start printing your coupons at Coupons.com, Smartsource.com, RedPlum.com if you haven’t already!

View my list of Triple Coupon/Sale Match Ups here.

Thanks so much to Learning the Ropes for the initial head up about this!

———————————————————————-
If you find this information useful, please consider subscribing to my RSS feed or email newsletter.

1 Michelle August 20, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Yea!!!! I’m so glad I didn’t do my grocery shopping this week yet! I just called my Mt. Vernon Kroger to see if they’re particapting and they are!!!

2 Anonymous August 20, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Grrrr.

Gee, thanks Kroger (dripping w/ sarcasm) for including your *hometown* of Cincinnati in this promo.

boo!

3 Amy August 20, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Yeah! I wondered when they’d be doing this again. Now I need to go through my filed inserts for all those 50 cent-ers that I haven’t clipped yet. Thanks for the heads up.

4 Angie August 20, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Thanks for the heads up! I was going to Kroger today, but now I might just have to wait!

5 Stacie August 20, 2009 at 4:08 PM

That is awesome!!! SO jealous!! Hopefully, they will bring it back to TX! And for more than just one day!

6 Jennifer August 20, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Oh my goodness! My coupons paired with the Mega Sale Event are going to make my out-of-pocket total VERY low. Thanks for sharing this!

7 Michelle August 20, 2009 at 6:41 PM

I’ve come up with several coupon match-ups and I posted them on my blog. Feel free to post them with your list. :)

8 Anonymous August 21, 2009 at 12:59 AM

Does anyone know what time the triple coupons go into affect? I can’t seem to get a straight answer from my kroger!

9 cheryl August 21, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Oh wow thanks. I can’t believe this is the first I heard about this. I am SOOO glad I checked your blog tonight. I was so busy today I almost skipped it but I decided to check out out in case I missed something!

10 christinaslifeoftravel August 21, 2009 at 1:53 AM

Does anyone know what the closest store to cincinnati is?

11 Twinsmom August 21, 2009 at 5:15 PM

You can add Marion to the list! :-)

12 Anonymous August 21, 2009 at 5:19 PM

great deals today only spent 10$ got over 30 items!!!! Dial three pack bars one is being discontinued plus there is a 35cent coupon great deal!!

13 Meg August 21, 2009 at 6:50 PM

I’m so ticked at my bank right now! I don’t have access to my money because they canceled my bank card BEFORE sending my replacement! So, I can’t participate in the AWESOME sale!!! I’m gonna go cry.

14 Anonymous August 21, 2009 at 7:01 PM

I think Washington Court House is closest to Cincy. Might be worth the road trip. Does anyone have a list yet?

15 Bugtheteacher August 21, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Wow thanks for the heads up on this. I went earlier today and got 266.88 worth of groceries for just $88.00 we are all going to be packing our lunches this year and so much of this will be used for that.
Also some of the Cascadian (sp?) farms cereal has coupons of them. If you buy that box it will have a $1 coupon on it and three more inside. One of those is for the granola bars. They are both part of the Mega event, and though they are not 3x they were a great deal with all the other deals I got.